Where are we at?

Re: Where are we at?

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:03 am

Just wondering if there is any way we can salvage this project. I was thinking we could take stock of the parts already complete and send out kits of those parts. Then the recipients could make the necessary parts to finish their own engines.

It's important to understand that this is a no-fault solution to the stalled project. We all know that life happens. Things come up in everyone's life that send us in another direction and something has to fall by the wayside.

Here's hoping that all are well and in good circumstances.

Mike
Mike
Hawkeye

Postby ScrapMetal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Mike,

That is pretty much what I am planning to do at this point. The only parts we are "short" are the brass cylinder caps. I'm pretty sure everyone has the capability to make those for themselves.

I have to apologize as it's me who has dropped the ball at this point. I was waiting on the caps to show up but as they never materialized I kind of put things on the back burner as a number of other issues have sprung up (nothing serious just time consuming). I have had a post-it note sitting on the middle of my desk for months now (along with about a dozen others) to remind me to get things sorted, packaged, and sent out. I will make every effort to get this done in the next few days.

Sorry also for the delayed response. As things have come to a stand-still I haven't been monitoring this site like I should.

Best regards,

-Ron
Wells-Index 860 Mill
South Bend 11" Lathe
Queen City Shaper
ScrapMetal
Site Admin

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 pm

No problem, Ron. As I said, life happens.
Mike
Hawkeye

Postby ScrapMetal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Very gracious Mike. Thank you.

I am happy to report that, at this time, the SOSE kits are out of my hands completely and in the hands of the United States Postal Service (for better or worse ;) ).

If you're interested, here's the information on them:

USPS tracking #9114901230801325295164 to Berryville VA

USPS tracking #9114901230801325295140 to Middle Island NY

USPS tracking #9114901230801325295126 to Mappsville VA

USPS tracking #9114901230801325295188 to Bridgeville PA

Customs form #LC279700563US to Canada

Customs form #LC279700577US to Australia

Hope everyone still lives at the same address :? :mrgreen:

I would like to hear when they show up and the condition they are in as I'm hoping that my packing was sufficient to survive the postal manglers.

-Ron
Wells-Index 860 Mill
South Bend 11" Lathe
Queen City Shaper
ScrapMetal
Site Admin

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:58 pm

I'm looking forward to getting it. Thanks, Ron.
Mike
Hawkeye

Postby ScrapMetal » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:51 pm

I'm very happy to have them on their way. Not as happy as my wife but still happy. The original shipping containers that were sent to me have been sitting in the corner of a window seat we have by our computer and having things just "sitting around" or out of place does not sit well with SWMBO. ;) I am sometimes wonder how she puts up with me at all. :) Anyway, I'm happy their are out for delivery, she is ecstatic!

She did ask me if I was going to "put mine together" last night. I told her I'd rather wait until the "kits" get into everyone's (or at least most everyone's) hands before I start. It just didn't seem fair somehow.

Regards,

-Ron
Wells-Index 860 Mill
South Bend 11" Lathe
Queen City Shaper
ScrapMetal
Site Admin

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Okay. Maybe we should wait until a certain percentage have posted that theirs have arrived so we can all start at once.
Mike
Hawkeye

Postby Turbinedoctor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:52 pm

I received mine today in excellent shape. Very well packaged. I had forgot about it until it arrived and I opened it. Thanks for the letter of apology but it totally was not needed. I was thinking on the way home from the post office about how many irons I have in the fire and should feel bad about jumping from on to the other and not finishing any of them. I completely understand and feel your pain. I am waiting to unwrap the parts as I write this.

I am planning on putting it together and maybe even posting some pictures just in case anyone is interested.

I can't remember what we discussed about the shipping charges but I for one am more than willing to reimburse you for the cost even if it was decided that we didn't need to. Just let me know how you would like to receive it, Paypal, personal check or rolls of pennies. Your choice.

Durwood
Durwood
Turbinedoctor

Postby ScrapMetal » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Okay. Maybe we should wait until a certain percentage have posted that theirs have arrived so we can all start at once.

Maybe. Everyone can start whenever they want. It was just kind of a personal feeling for me since the ball was in my court for a while.

A couple of guys here in the States have gotten theirs. We'll see how well US post/Canadian Post do to get you yours. I wouldn't even want to speculate on the one going "down under". :? :mrgreen:

-Ron
Wells-Index 860 Mill
South Bend 11" Lathe
Queen City Shaper
ScrapMetal
Site Admin

Postby ScrapMetal » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Turbinedoctor wrote:I received mine today in excellent shape. Very well packaged. I had forgot about it until it arrived and I opened it. Thanks for the letter of apology but it totally was not needed. I was thinking on the way home from the post office about how many irons I have in the fire and should feel bad about jumping from on to the other and not finishing any of them. I completely understand and feel your pain. I am waiting to unwrap the parts as I write this.

I am planning on putting it together and maybe even posting some pictures just in case anyone is interested.

I can't remember what we discussed about the shipping charges but I for one am more than willing to reimburse you for the cost even if it was decided that we didn't need to. Just let me know how you would like to receive it, Paypal, personal check or rolls of pennies. Your choice.

Durwood

Have at it Durwood. It's going to be great to see these coming together finally! Don't worry about the shipping fees as I have that covered and it's really no biggie.

-Ron
Wells-Index 860 Mill
South Bend 11" Lathe
Queen City Shaper
ScrapMetal
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SOSE Build progress