BSA Rifle Scopes

BSA Rifle Scopes

Postby Turbinedoctor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Any of you guys ever used a BSA rifle scope and what did you think of it. I bought a contender from them 5 years ago and then purchased a Burris to replace it a month later. I sold the BSA before it ever got mounted on a rifle so I never got to use it.

I just purchased another BSA for an AR project I am working on. The reviews for it are good. Hopefully it will work for this application.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/962234/bsa-tactical-mil-dot-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-6-24x-44mm-side-focus-glass-etched-mil-dot-reticle-matte
Durwood
Turbinedoctor

Re: BSA Rifle Scopes

Postby ScrapMetal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 am

I've never had a BSA so I'll be real interested to see how you like it.

-Ron
Wells-Index 860 Mill
South Bend 11" Lathe
Queen City Shaper
ScrapMetal
Site Admin

Postby Turbinedoctor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:02 pm

I did finish my AR and mounted the scope. Sighted in at 100 yards and I am really happy with it. I calculated how many clicks it should be from the center of the paper to each side and then top and bottom. Made the adjustmants and the bullets hit right where they should. Dialed back to zero and in the bull it went.

I know it is only 100 yards but soon I hope to streach it out to 400 or maybe even 600 just to test myself.

As to the clarity of the optics I will have to refrain from giving it a rating since my eyes are getting older (seemingly by the day) and I have yet to find any optic, that I can afford, that looks as sharp and clear as I would like. Some are better than others and I will have to say this one is among the top of the list, To me anyway.

Durwood
Durwood
Turbinedoctor

Postby ScrapMetal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:05 pm

I know this is an older post... sorry I've been a little "distracted" around the homestead lately (17 yo daughter stuff :banghd: )

The "eyes going bad" thing is a real p.i.t.a. for me as well as I get older. I find that it helps to keep the eyes hydrated as much as possible so I keep a bottle of Systane (long lasting) lubricant eye drops handy at all times.

FWIW
Wells-Index 860 Mill
South Bend 11" Lathe
Queen City Shaper
ScrapMetal
Site Admin

Return to Firearms